Saturday, October 10, 2009

Easy activism is easy

I stood at the intersection of Stadium and Bernadette today, in front of the Drury Inn, on the strip of grass between the sidewalk and street, during my lunch hour. I held my sign reading "Save Lives - ADOPT" and http://www.petfinder.com/. It was really effective--I estimate it was seen by well over 200 people in the hour that I was there.

We need to find out where public property begins and ends in that area, because Tony from the Drury Inn claims that they own the sidewalk and the strip of grass I was standing on (which I'm pretty sure is public property--it has fire hydrants and light posts on it.)

I really encourage everyone interested to take just a little time each weekend and hold a sign. It's fun and easy, and can have a great impact on people's attitudes and behaviors.

Tomorrow, I will play it safe and stand where the construction-protest guys stand, between Dillard's and Target. I will be there from 12-4 unless the weather becomes dangerous. I may bring one of my dogs. Please join us!

10:08: I got called away to St. Louis for a family thing, so I will not be out tomorrow. Please contact me if you need signs, and I will try and meet with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment